This image is derived from the Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) Release:
These instructions will not work with latest model of the XPS 13 (Model 9333).>
The newest version of the XPS 13 can be purchased in some regions with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS pre-loaded by visiting Dell Sputnik.
If you are unable to purchase the XPS 13 pre-loaded with Ubuntu and would like to manually install 12.04 LTS and the required drivers, please visit this page for the driver support pack and instructions.
* this image is not considered an official Ubuntu releaseThis image contains updates from the following PPAs:
* this image is not officially supported
* this image is for demo purposes only
* Sputnik Kernel PPAThe updated iso now includes support for the Cypress trackpad. Visit the Sputnik Kernel PPA for more details!
* Sputnik Policykit PPA
* Sputnik ISOOfficial Ubuntu 12.04 images can be downloaded at:
* Sputnik sha256sum
* cdimage.ubuntu.comThe XPS13 does not have a dvd drive; please see the instructions below on how to create a bootable USB image:
* USB Installation InstructionsThis image contains the following packages pre-installed:
* ubuntu-desktop^== SCM ==
* git== Utilities ==
* screen== Editors ==
* emacs== Browsers ==
* firefox== Common Build Tools & Utilities ==